Winters can’t be imagined without the warmth and taste of cake. So here i bring you the warmth and joy of winters with chocolate rum cake. Recipe for 4 people
- 250gm white flour (maida)
- 150gm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150gm butter or refined oil
- 100gms diced dates
- 50gms diced walnuts
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200ml black rum
- 150gm dark chocolate for coating
- 2-3 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 50gms strawberry crush or any syrup.
- First soak dates and walnut in rum and 1 tsp Cinnamon inside a air tight container for 4-5 days.
- Now , start the process by mixing eggs and sugar in an bowl till it fluffs for 5-10 mins.Now add 100gms of butter and whisk it again to mix the butter properly. Till an fluffy mix is made .
- Now take flour and add baking powder to it and also the soaked dates and walnuts. Remember to strain the dates and walnut before adding to the flour.
- Now combine the mix and flour together and mix it properly till a viscous mix is obtained.
- Now pre heat the oven at 180F for 10 mins. And glaze the baking dish with butter before you pour the cake mix to it .
- Bake the cake mix for 40-45 mins at 180F. Occasionly prick the cake with the help of an sharp knife to make sure the cake is baked right.
- Once the cake is baked, its ready to be enjoyed as it is .
- For making it a chocolate cake, melt chocolate and butter in an double boiler or simply jus put it in microwave oven for 2 mins till it becomes smooth.
- Now cut the cake horizontally in two halves. On the base part put some strawberry crush or mango syrup to moisten the base and then pour and spread the melted chocolate.
- Put the second layer on to the base and prick holes it using an knife and cover the crust wid molten chocolate. Sprinkle some Cinnamon powder and put it into refrigerator to set.
- Once done cut the peices and enjoy it with whipped cream or jam.
Note: To check whether the cake is baked properly or not , prick it with sharp knife or kitchen ware and if it comes out clean , your cake is perfectly cooked and if not then give it some more time in oven.
One Comment Add yours
Wow,will definitely try it