we all need some light and comfort food to beat the heat in summers. So here iam with an recipe full of nutrients and coolness and being preparation time under 30 mins. This recipe for 4 people.
- 1.5cup basmati rice soaked in water for 20 mins
- 1 chopped onion
- 8-9 beans chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 potato diced
- 1 small Florette of cauliflower
- 3 tbs Ghee or refined oil
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 4-5 cloves
- 6-7 black pepper corns
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp ginger & garlic paste
- salt, red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- First, in an hot deep pan or kadhai add ghee and cumin at a high flame.
- Now add onions and cook till they turn pink on medium flame. Now add ginger & garlic paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add all vegetables and saute them for 5 mins at medium flame .
- Now add cloves, black cardamom,black pepper and cinnamon and add soaked rice into the mix.
- Now add 3.5 cups of water and then add salt, chili powder and turmeric to taste.
- Give the rice a mix and turn the flame on simmer or low flame and cover the rice and let it cook for 20 mins.
- Plate it with curd or chutney and enjoy it hot.
- Do not mix rise rigorously, as it damages the grain of rice.
- cook rice till water evaporates from the kadhai and you can see the cooked rice on surface.