Who wants dessert that’s light to eat and full of flavor !! so here i bring you the south indian halwa or sweetened semolina.This contains flavor full nuts and aroma of herbs. Recipe for 4
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tbs ghee (clarified butter)
- 6-7 diced almonds
- 6-7 diced cashews
- 8-9 raisins
- 5 small cardamom crushed
- 6-7 cloves
- 2-3 strands of kesar (saffron)
- 4 cups of water.
- First take a pan with 4 cups of water and add sugar, 2 cardamom,raisins, kesar and 2 cloves and boil it on medium flame, till the mix thickens.
- Now take another hot pan and dry roast semolina for 4 mins on medium flame. After that add ghee,cloves,cardamom and 2-3 almonds and roast the semolina till it turns slightly brown.
- Now let the semolina rest for a while and then add the sweetened water from the other pan to semolina.
- Put the mix back on low flame and constantly keep stirring till it starts thickening .
- Serve it how and enjoy .
- Remember not to over cook semolina ,as it looses its texture.
- constantly stir while adding sweetened water to avoid lumps.